Changes comming in version 2.1 (BETA 2)

Topics: Upcomming versions
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2011 at 9:08 PM

SuperQuery 2.1 BETA is now available. Check the downloads section

I am currently working on the next phase of SuperQuery 2.

The main change in this version will be to use a plug in system for the database providers so that we can easily extend the application to support additional database servers and connection processes (such as providing providers for SQL Server, ODBC, OLE, MySQL etc).

To accomplish these changes the following tasks will need to be completed

1. Update the model structure so that connection settings for different systems can easily be stored - COMPLETE
  2. Update the database list file structure so that connection settings for different systems can be saved - COMPLETE
  3. Maintain backwards compatibility with existing database list files - COMPLETE
  4. Create interface that plug ins can consume, providing a common way for SuperQuery to talk to the plug in when running queries etc - COMPLETE
  5. Enable plug ins to provide their own interface for the connection settings in the "Add Database" wizard and "Edit Database" dialog - COMPLETE

Check this discussion for future updates.

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Hi!

Is there a way to group the result sets together in one window?  For example if I'm querying 5 databases, I would like the results from all queries to be listed in one window for easy export.  If the database name could be included as an optional column in that result set it would be even better!

Very nice work!

-Beeker

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Hi Beeker,

Thanks for the feedback, I am pleased you like it.

My next aim was to include better ways to export the results data so I will definitely take your idea into consideration.